identi.ca | Twitter
cairodock: Cairo-Dock 3.2.1 is now available! Enjoy this new bug-fix version! Changelog http://ur1.ca/ddduw Please share this news!
cairodock: Cairo-Dock will be available on Windows 8 soon! A new session for Windows 8 to replace the Metro interface! :) => http://is.gd/5OSyds
cairodock: For more details about the 3.2 version, please have a look there: http://is.gd/jmmPjT Please share this news ;)
cairodock: Cairo-Dock 3.2 is released ! See http://ur1.ca/d52gf for a quick tour of the news with some screenshots.
cairodock: A repository for Fedora is now available. It contains the latest version with all plug-ins: http://ur1.ca/d2kgd
cairodock: RPM packages are now available at http://ur1.ca/d1y2k
cairodock: #Cairo-Dock: A new version will be released soon. Feel free to report any bugs, improve translations, check options,...: http://is.gd/2Yitig
|Glx-Dock / Cairo-Dock
Welcome to the Cairo-Dock's website
On this site, you will not find :
Ads, nude babes, cooking recipes, criticism against the globalization, soluces for Monkey Island 8.
But you will find :
- A very useful wiki that contains solutions for the most common problems
- A friendly forum where you can get help, propose your ideas, or just talk with the devs
- All you need for hacking into the project (including the C API and the DBus API to write applets in any languages)
- Many additional applets (Pidgin, Xchat, etc)
- And a lot of other stuff, like a ton of screenshots, our IRC channel, our Launchpad hosting page, etc.
- Dear developers, users, testers, translators, designers, bloggers, etc. we need your help! Please have a look to this wiki page here.
Cairo-Dock 3.2 release!
Cairo-Dock is a pretty, fast and customizable desktop interface. You can see it as a good alternative/addition to Unity, Gnome-Shell, Xfce-panel, KDE-panel, etc
After 6 months of hard work, a new version of Cairo-Dock is available.
The Default-panel theme on a Cairo-Dock session
Here is a quick tour of the main news:
- Multi-screen support has been improved.
- The new applet Screenshot allows you to take screenshot (it's purpose is to replace gnome-screenshot and its annoying effects).
- The new plug-in Sound-Effects adds sound effects to some actions on the icons.
- Distant folders (samba, FTP, etc) and encrypted disks are now handled in the Shortcuts applet.
Cairo-Dock can run on any desktop, and is a good addition to the classic shells (Unity, Gnome-Shell, KDE, etc) or it can even replace them advantageously.
This version brings further support of the classic shells:
- Gnome-Shell support: the dock can now use some abilities of Gnome-shell (windows Exposé, desktops Exposé), as it already does with Compis and Kwin.
- GDM support for user switching has also been added, as it already has for ldm, kdm, etc
- The dock now supports Systemd (Fedora, Arch, etc) for the session management within the Logout applet
- All the Unity indicators are now supported through a generic Indicator applet (Printer-menu, Bluetooth-menu, etc)
- The Note-taking applet can now work without Tomboy or Gnote.
- And the dock now compiles and runs fine on FreeBSD.
Windows of the same application can be displayed together by the dock, here on Gnome3
Cairo-Dock has great theming features, and they have been enhanced:
- More themes are available, more desklet decorations too
One of the new themes available, with 2 desklets (Clock and Note-taking).
When the dock is hidden, important icons stay visible and are transparent to clicks
- All icons can have a background
- The default theme is better integrated with KDE
default theme under KDE, here on Fedora 18
And of course, countless bug-fixes and improvements all over the code.
As you can see, this is a really big version, and if you like the project, please feel free to contribute. Donations are possible, and any help about the translations, theming or third-party applets
is very welcome
How to install:
It's easy to install Cairo-Dock, simply follow the wiki, depending on your distribution: http://glx-dock.org/ww_page.php?p=Accueil&lang=en#0-Installation
Note that for Fedora
users, we now have our own repository !
For a complete changelog, see here
For even more themes, have a look at the theme manager, your favourite search engine, DeviantArt
For Paypal, please have a look on the button which here is on the top left!
Cairo-dock has started in July 2007, when Fabounet
proposed a first version on the ubuntu-fr.org forum
Since then, new versions have followed at an intensive pace with many innovative features like sub-docks, desklets or OpenGL effects.
Many people have joined the project, each one bringing its competences in graphics(themes), applets development, or translation.
One can always make the dock better. You are invited to take part and make proposals for future evolutions on the forum !
to follow the progress of the work.
Friendly, the Cairo-dock's team